Public Forum Guidelines
Public Forum Information / Guidelines
- Please place your name, address, and email or phone number on the sign-up sheet.
- Public forum is a time for the public to make statements, comments, or suggestions to the Board. We respectfully remind you that this is the appropriate time for public interaction at the BOE meeting. Comments at other times during the BOE meeting will not be heard. If you wish to ask questions to the BOE they must be requested in writing at least one week prior to the meeting and given to the district clerk or Board of Education. The following email addresses should be used: firstname.lastname@example.org or BoardofEducation@madisoncentralny.org
- The Board will listen to your words and bear them in mind, but generally not respond during public forum or the board meeting. Many matters can be handled by following the chain of command and first speaking with the appropriate person without bringing the matter to the board meeting. If you don’t know who it would be you may contact the district office to help you through the process and identify the appropriate person.
- By district policy, public forum is not the place to make derogatory comments about specific persons. Such comments can be made privately to the superintendent or board president who can follow up appropriately.
- If you have concerns but would prefer not to speak during public forum, you are free to write or email the board and your issue will be addressed. Again, all questions must be requested in writing at least one week prior to the meeting and given to the district clerk or Board of Education for an answer. The following email addresses should be used: email@example.com or BoardofEducation@madisoncentralny.org
- We respectfully ask public forum speakers to limit themselves to fewer than five minutes. Please be brief. There will be an opportunity for public forum at the beginning and the end of each meeting.