Madison Central School
Board Of Education Elections
SCHOOL BOARD SEAT OPENINGS
- There are two (2) four-year terms and one (1) one-year term open for election on Tuesday, May 17, 2022.
- The two (2) Board candidates who receive the highest number of votes will receive the four-year positions. The candidate who receives the third highest number of votes will receive the one-year position. The term will commence on July 1, 2022.
CANDIDATES FOR MEMBERSHIP TO THE BOARD
- Nominating Petitions must be filed in the District Clerk's office by 5:00 p.m. on April 18, 2022. A minimum of 25 signatures is required.
- Candidates must:
- Be a qualified voter of the District. A qualified voter of the District is a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be incompetent.
- Be and have been a resident of the District for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- Have not been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- Not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- Not be a current employee of the school board.
- Not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
- Nominating Petition Packet for MCS Board of Education Candidates
- What Makes a Good School Board Member?/What Does a Board Member Do?
- New York State School Boards Association, Running for the School Board
- Candidate Expenditure Statement
MCS Board of Education Clerk