Message to Students
- MCS provides opportunity and the responsibility falls on YOU to take advantage of that opportunity. I ask that all of our students consider the following advice:
- Take the time to create your own definition of success (your friends, parents, coaches and teachers are all welcome to theirs, but you need to know YOURS).
- On a regular basis, take stock of measurable outcomes and see if you are achieving success (class attendance, quiz grades, adequate sleep, etc…). Not happening? Change your behavior or goals.
- Be proactive and know that everything you do has a consequence. KNOW the consequences and make choices thoughtfully:
- Go to class! ALWAYS. Go prepared and ready to learn.
- Ask for help:
- Find someone in the class to compare notes and ideas with. Take 30 minutes a week for each class to connect up with this person to compare notes, ideas, questions, etc.
- Time is your biggest friend and enemy:
- You have a fixed amount of time and YOU are responsible for how that time gets allocated. The most obvious ways you can spend time are:
- Everyone wants your time. It is precious. Spend it smartly, and know how it is being spent!
- Maximize your potential and you will have maximized your opportunity. Understand that the playing field has changed. Success may be different for you at secondary level than it was in elementary, and you will have to work harder for that success.
- Being in school is a privilege you continue to earn every day, not an inalienable right. Make the investment worth it: Take maximum advantage of your opportunities .